vicious-build-scripts failing with "/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `./html/index.sgml'"

I've spent 4 hours trying to figure out why where the
vicious-build-scripts not compiling any of the modules on my RH 7.0 box.
I just want to let you know of what i found in case somebody wants to
fix the real causes of this and to make the solution available to google
for someone else to find. I

The err message was :
----------------------------------
echo '-- Installing ./html/index.sgml' ; \
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 ./html/index.sgml
/gnome/head/INSTALL/share/gtk-doc/html/glib; \
fi)
-- Installing ./html/mainloop-states.gif
-- Installing ./html/index.sgml
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `./html/index.sgml': No such file or
directory
make[4]: *** [install-data-local] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/gnome/head/cvs/glib/docs/reference/glib'
make[3]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/gnome/head/cvs/glib/docs/reference/glib'
make[2]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/gnome/head/cvs/glib/docs/reference'
make[1]: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/gnome/head/cvs/glib/docs'
make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
--------------------------

The modules where failing to generate the html documentation because of
a missing docbook-style-dsssl (which installs by default on RH7.2). The
problem was that gtk-doc was only generating a warning, and thus make
would complete without any problems. When the vbs tried running "make
install" it would fail with the above message.

We could :
- check for docbook-style-dsssl somewhere in the process
- make should not suceed if it can't build the html documentation since
make install will fail. So the fix would mean that gtk-doc would
generate and error rather than a warning.

I ended up doing an ugly hack to install docbook-style-dsssl cause i
couldn't find an .rpm and could not find documentation on how to install
it. I was tired of this problem too ;-). See q 5.6 at :
http://www.gnome.org/~chema/gnome-love/compiling_faq.html
if you want to know what i ended up doing and feel free to send me a
non-hacky solution ;-)

regards,
Chema