Re: Our (real) problems
- From: Drazen Kacar <dave arsdigita com>
- To: Michael Meeks <michael ximian com>
- Cc: Alex Larsson <alexl redhat com>, gnome-hackers gnome org, gnome-2-0-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Our (real) problems
- Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 06:51:05 +0200
Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Thu, 2001-08-30 at 23:34, Alex Larsson wrote:
> > * Too many libraries
> > Our current development platform really has to many
> > libraries. Applications on the higher levels in the dependency chain
> > drag in a ridiculous amount of libraries. This causes performance
> > problems with symbol lookup and increases startup time. Part of the
> > startup time can be fixed by using ELF prelinking, but part of it is
> > inevitable.
> Yep - again - difficult to know how to 'fix' this really.
With a better linker. Which part of symbol lookup time is inevitable for
a case when you have 20 libraries as opposed to the case with only 2-3
And what's ELF prelinking?
.-. .-. Errors have been made. Others will be blamed.
(_ \ / _)
| dave arsdigita com
] [Thread Prev