Re: orbit-idl differences

Hi Jacob,

On 27 Aug 2001, jacob berkman wrote:
> ok here's a patch to fix the warnings then, let me know if i should
> commit it.

        Patch looks fine; thanks for the fix - a side effect of the recent
ORBit changes - can you bump the required version of ORBit2 to the latest
in libbonobo as you commit ?

> since we aren't using the id type anymore, should we just remove it
> and make the idl use string explicitely?

        Nope - that sucks; the type information is still there for
scripting bindings and for IDL documentation purposes, so it makes sense
to keep it - simply 'const' doesn't work at all well with typedefs so ...
thus the hack for strings.

        Regards,

                Michael.