Re: GnomeVFS tarball

Darin Adler <darin bentspoon com> writes:

> On Friday, August 3, 2001, at 03:22  AM, Seth Nickell wrote:
>
> > Suggestions?
>
> Some ideas,:
>
> 1) In the future, make tarballs *after* committing the changes to cvs
> and making a tag. That is how I always do it.

Since

 a) 'cvs tag' tags the revisions you currently have checked out

 b) make dist/distcheck will actually change some files
    (in particular the po/ directory)

The optimium sequence is, IMO:

 a) make distcheck
 b) cvs commit
   If conflicts occured, update, resolve, go back to a).
 c) cvs tag
 d) upload tarball

If multiple people are changing stuff so the b) => a)
loop becomes infinite, then it's time to contact them
and tell them to hold off until the release is made.

Regards,
                                        Owen