Extra Apps package list

I've committed a list of package suggestions to the releng module of
CVS.  I've attached the file to this email for your review.  Now we
need some discussion, and help filling in the missing fields.

* What packages in the list should be removed and why?

* What packages that aren't in the list should be added and why?

We also need assistance filling in the details of the table from
developers and maintainers of the packages.  In particular we need to
know:

* Is the current version correct?

* Is the package critical (do we have to have a new release or initial
releae in order to include it)?

* Are the developers stabilizing an unstable version of the package?

* Does a suitable version exist?

* Are you planning a new release soon?

* Is the contact information correct? (I did my best to determine the
contact person's email address from the web sites for the packages;
some were unclear)

Also up for discussion:

If you check out the releng website (http://gnome-releng.eazel.com/>,
you'll notice that some of the packages that are up for discussion for
inclusion in Gnome 1.4 core overlap with the suggestions for inclusion
in the Extra Apps.  Where do these packages belong?  In particular:

gedit,
radioactive,
gnomoku,
gtm,
dia, gnumeric, sodipodi, touxdoux, and other Gnome Office apps,
gabber

Let's come up with some solid reasoning for where these apps should
belong.  Take the Gnome Office apps, for example.  Should these be in
Gnome core, the Extra Apps, or some separate Gnome Office release?

And one other final point for discussion.  We'd like to come up with a
better name for the extra apps release than what we've been calling
it.  Ideas?  Some suggesions we've had so far are:

Gnome Plus Pack
Gnome "Goodies"
Gnome Extra
Gnome PowerApps
Gnome 1.4-buddy
Gnome Assbarn Collection

Other ideas?

name:    Jamin Philip Gray
email:   jgray writeme com
icq:     1361499
jabber:  jamin jabber com
web:     http://DoLinux.org/jamin/

#!/usr/bin/perl

@a=(Lbzjoftt,Inqbujfodf,
Hvcsjt); $b="Lbssz Wbmm"
;$b =~ y/b-z/a-z/ ; $c =
" Tif ". @a ." hsfbu wj"
."suvft pg b qsphsbnnfs"
. ":\n";$c =~y/b-y/a-z/;
print"\n\n$c ";for($i=0;
$i<@a; $i++) { $a[$i] =~
y/b-y/a-z/;if($a[$i]eq$a
[-1]){print"and $a[$i]."
;}else{ print"$a[$i], ";
}}print"\n\t\t--$b\n\n";
See  policy/package-list-policy.txt for an exmplanation of the fields

Package Name        Current    Stabilizing   Critical?  Suitable  Planning    Contact
                    Version    Unstable?                Version   New
                                                        Exists?   Release?
gmc

Gnumeric           0.61                                                       Jody Goldberg <jgoldberg home com>
Dia                0.86                                                       James Henstridge <james daa com au>
Guppi              0.35.1                                                     Jon Trowbridge <trow gnu org>
AbiWord            0.7.12                                                     ???
GnuCash            1.4.9                                                      devel gnumatic com
Sodipodi           0.20                                                       Lauris Kaplinski <lauris kaplinski com>
gnome-db           0.1.0                                                      Rodrigo Moya <rmoya chez com>
toutdoux           1.2.4                                                      Philippe Roy <ph_roy toutdoux org>

Anjuta IDE         0.1.2                                                      Kh. Naba Kumar Singh <kh_naba yahoo com>
MemProf            0.4.0                                                      Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>

The GIMP           1.2.0                                                      Manish Singh <yosh gimp org>
gpaint             0.2                                                        Andy Tai <atai atai org>

gabber             0.8.1                                                      Julian Missig <julian linuxpower org>
galeon             0.9pre2                                                    Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpeseng tin it>
gtm                0.4.5                                                      Bruno Pires Marinho <bapm netcabo point>
Pan                0.9.2                                                      pan superpimp org
Balsa              1.0.0                                                      Jay Painter <jpaint balsa net>
Firestarter        0.5.1                                                      Tomas Junnonen <majix sci fi>

gnomoku            0.3                                                        NAGY András <nagya inf elte hu>
bombermaze         0.6.4                                                      Sydney Andrew Tang <stang users sourceforge net>
XPenguins
  Applet           0.9beta1                                                   Robin Hogan <R J Hogan reading ac uk>
Atomix             0.4.1                                                      Jens Finke <jens eknif de>

gedit              0.9.4                                                      Chema Celorio <chema celorio com>
Glimmer            1.0                                                        chicane reninet com

gfax               0.4.2                                                      George Farris <george gmsys com>
Figaro's
  Password
  Manager          0.53beta                                                   John Conneely <jconneely figaro org>

radioactive        1.0                                                        Gergő Érdi <cactus cactus rulez org>

Merlin's
  CPU Fire
  Applet           0.1.0                                                      Merlin Hughes <merlin merlin org>
googlizer          ?                                                          Alan Cox <Alan Cox linux org>