Re: Build order (was Re: GNOME 1.4 beta 2 is staged)

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 09:51:40PM +0100, Jens Finke wrote:
> You will get problems if you build xml-i18n-tools so late.  More and more
> packages make use of it. AFAIK these are currently bonobo, oaf, gnome-vfs,
> gnome-applets and surely more. It's better to build xml-i18n-tools first,
> 'cos it has no other gnome dependencies.

Curious, because I'm sitting here watching my laptop finish off the
last few stages of building 1.4beta1, and everything worked just fine.

Certainly bonobo, oaf, gnome-vfs and gnome-applets all built, and are
running, with no problems, without xml-i18n-tools.

It's trivial for me to change the build order, but at the same time,
I don't see it breaking anything, configure scripts don't appear to
be looking for the installed code (and failing if not present)...

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			       ade FreeBSD org
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve		http://www.FreeBSD.org/