Re: GNOME mirrors in general, and 1.4beta in particular

On Tue, Feb 20, 2001 at 02:19:07PM -0800, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
> Our mirror setup is badly broken. We are working on improving it. The
> number one thing that would help would be a volunteer to help with the
> work. We are considering a setup where the current ftp.gnome.org
> becomes master.gnome.org and only feeds the mirrors, and fto.gnome.org
> is just a primary mirror.

Preferably with the *really* old stuff in each directory either
removed, or moved to a Historical sub-directory.

However, that aside, is there *any* site at all, where I (and others)
can *reliably* get these tarfiles so we can actually do any porting
work required?  As it stands, I can't do this.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Austin, TX.			       ade FreeBSD org
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve		http://www.FreeBSD.org/