Re: Is Pango going to be in GNOME 1.4 ?

Mike Kestner <mkestner ameritech net> writes:

> Chookij Vanatham wrote:
>
> > Is Pango going to be in GNOME 1.4 ?
>
> Pango depends on the development version of glib (currently 1.3.2) which
> will become glib-2.0 when stable.  GNOME 1.4 is built on the stable glib
> (1.2.x) so it is not possible for pango to be included.
>
> The plan is for it to be part of the GNOME 2.0 stable platform.

This is correct. However, it was decided that along with GNOME-1.4,
we will release a "preview development platform", including
at least:

 - GTK+-1.3.x
 - GLib+-1.3.x
 - Pango
 - libxml2

These will be clearly marked as not part of the GNOME platform, and
we'll make sure that they install alongside the GNOME-1.4 release
without affecting it.

Regards,
                                        Owen