Re: GNOME Releng web site

> On 6 Sep 2000, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>

> > > I would just like to say that I agree, it would be nice to have "GNOME"
> > > and then have "GNOME Office" and "GNOME Games" and "Extra GNOME Applets"
> > > and such.
> > >
> > BTW, is there any reason why GNOME-DB has not been included on the
> > releng page? Does this mean that it's not going to be part of the GNOME
> > Office release?
>
> If evolution started depending on gnome-db, as has been talked about a
> little, where would you put it?  Do you put gnome-db in gnome proper, or
> evolution in gnome office?

if this happens, of course, gnome-db should be wherever evolution is.
But,
gnome-db has been now split in two parts, a GNOME-independent (called
libgda)
and a GNOME specific part (gnome-db). And if a backend is to be written
for
evolution, this backend will only use libgda (as I suppose backends in
evolution are just components getting data from a given data source. Is
that
true?), which is just a set of
libraries (3 only), so there won't be too much things to be added.

So, the GNOME-specific part would go to GNOME Office, thus not adding
any extra software (apart from libgda) to the GNOME core.

cheers