Proposal: Gabber and gnome--

(I'll copy mjs's format because it's fairly easy to follow)

1) I would like to propose that along with gtk--, whatever latest
version of gnome-- that Karl Nelson manages to release also be added to
the GNOME 1.4 package list.

Rationale: If we're going to have the C++ GTK+ bindings, we should also
have the GNOME bindings.

2) I would also like to propose that Dave Smith and my GNOME Jabber
Client, "Gabber" be added to the package list. Gabber currently requires
gtk--, gnome--, libglade, and gnet. However, if gnet will not be in the
GNOME 1.4 package list, we can include it with Gabber (I believe)

Rationale: Gabber is a GNOME client for an up-and-coming open source
instant messaging system. It would be very nice to support an open
source IM system, especially when it has the capability of communicating
with the closed source systems (ICQ, AIM, Yahoo!, etc) if you so desire.

Details:

1) gnome--

Name: gnome--
Version: 1.1.10
New Release Needed: No
Critical: n/a
Contact: Karl Nelson <kenelson@ece.ucdavis.edu>
Comment: Karl may be releasing a new version soon. It'd be even better
to figure out when and get that version in GNOME.

2) gabber

Name: gabber
Version: 0.7.0
New Release Needed: No
Critical: n/a
Contact: Julian Missig <julian@linuxpower.org>
Comment: Dave Smith and I hope to release a new version in time for
GNOME 1.4... we have CVS available if anyone would like to get last
minute fixes in before that release.

Julian
--
email: julian@linuxpower.org