gdk-pixbuf, gdkImlib and GNOME 1.4

Hi, I wonder what is the official word on the status
of gdk-pixbuf in GNOME 1.4.  The development
gdk-pixbuf code in CVS seems to be aimed for inclusion
in gtk+ 2.0, which won't be part of GNOME 1.4.  Will
the current released version, gdk-pixbuf 0.9, be the
version in GNOME 1.4?  And will gdkImlib be phased out
in GNOME 1.4, or it will still be included as part of
the standard 1.4 platform? Thanks for any info on
this.

If this question belongs to another mailing list
rather than this one, please let me know.

Thanks,
Andy