Re: Re: extra app list (revision)

Your argument can also apply to text editors.  Why
does GNOME include gedit when there is Emacs? (or
XEmacs-gtk for Gnome consistency)

Similarly, why eog when Gimp is there? (You can view
images with Gimp, among other things)

--- "mathieu [ chaos chaos chaos since 79 ]"
<yeupou free fr> wrote:
> >I also suggest to add gpaint
> (http://gpaint.sourceforge.net) to the list.
> >Gpaint is a simple to use paint program that serves
> great as a simple
> >image editor for a desktop environment.
>
> the Gimp is capable of everything, I wonder why we
> should need need a «
> simple » image editor...
>
> I guess everyone prefers to use a good and complete
> application, even for
> doing little things ....
>
> --
> mathieu

=====
Andy Tai, atai atai org, +1 408 943 0287, +1 408 393 6370

Dept of ECE, UC San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093-0407, USA
atai ucsd edu

Free Software: the software by the people, of the people and for the people! Develop! Share! Enhance! Enjoy!