Re: Minutes of 1.4 Release Committee (Dec 7, 2000)

> Dan Mueth <d-mueth uchicago edu> writes:
>
> > GDM:
> >   * We need a good gdm.
> >   * It is not getting much attention.
> >   * gdm3 is unlikely to be done in time.
> >   * gdm2 needs a lot of patches.
> >   * Jacob agreed to merge in the existing patches to gdm2 to
> >     produce a good version for 1.4.
>
> OK, this is ridiculous.  Can we get the code for gdm3 in whatever
> state it is and find a new maintainer?

If someone would be willing to do some serious work on gdm3,
maybe...but as it stands now, it seems gdm3 is a mess and it would be
a lot easier to merge the Helix and Red Hat patches.  I don't know.
Anyone want to take on gdm?

name:    Jamin Philip Gray
email:   jgray writeme com
icq:     1361499
jabber:  jamin jabber com
web:     http://DoLinux.org/jamin/

If the designers of X-Windows built cars, there would be no fewer than
five steering wheels hidden about the cockpit, none of which followed
the same principles -- but you'd be able to shift gears with your car
stereo. Useful feature, that.

-- Marus J. Ranum, Digital Equipment Corporation