RE: GNOME 1.4 package list

Well I think on the same way that RPM has categories GNOME should be the
same...

GNOME 1.4 should contains the minimum - no games, no applications, just a
desktop, libraries, GNOME configuration tools.
GNOME DOCUMENTATION 1.4 should contain all the documentation which is not
related to a particular application.
GNOME OFFICE 1.4 should contain applications: dia, gnumeric, gimp, ...
GNOME DEVELOPMENT 1.4 should contain development applications: glade, gide,
gdb, extra help files...
GNOME GAMES 1.4 should contain games: all sort of games
GNOME ADMINISTRATION 1.4 should contain tools to administrate linux, or
other OS on which GNOME runs.

So I can install a bare GNOME for my laptop or a full beast for my
workstation...

Franck Martin
Database Development Officer
SOPAC South Pacific Applied Geoscience Commission
Fiji
E-mail: franck@sopac.org <mailto:franck@sopac.org>
Web site: http://www.sopac.org/ <http://www.sopac.org/>

This e-mail is intended for its recipients only. Do not forward this
e-mail without approval. The views expressed in this e-mail may not be
neccessarily the views of SOPAC.