Re: Some proposed package removals and additions

Alan Cox <alan@redhat.com> writes:

> > Uh, neither is Nautilus.
> >
> > OK, Maciej wasn't 100% clear. When he said:
> >
> > > we will try to arrange the [GNOME 1.4 release] schedule to fit in
> > > Evolution, but if it would end up delaying the release, we'd be
> > > prepared to ship without it.
> >
> > he meant Evolution *1.0*, not a beta.
>
> Version numbers and labels have nothing to do with whether something is ready.

Alan,

I specifically proposed adding Evolution as a non-critical item for
the release - in other words, we will include it in the release only
if it's ready.

Neither Nautilus nor Evolution are ready for prime time right now, but
we hope to have both ready in time for 1.4.

 - Maciej