Re: [gnet-devel] G_IO_HUP in UDP socket?

>> Does anyone know what's the meaning of a G_IO_HUP event in a Glib socket
>> watcher of a UDP socket? Is it possible?
>>
>> Not sure if this is the correct mailing list to ask for this. If not,
>> sorry for that.
>
> I have a vague memory of seeing this before, but I can't find any
> reference to it right now, so I'm just guessing here: maybe that's what
> you get on certain ICMP responses when you try to send a packet?

Hum? Is that possible? I mean, ICMP is another protocol different than UDP.

G_IO_HUP in a TCP socket makes sense, when the peer starts the 4-way
handshake to disconnect the TCP connection. But with UDP, I don't see
how it can happen.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,
-Aleksander