[gnet-devel] Include file 'namespace'

Hi,

I'm contemplating using GNet on a fairly major project at work, however I am a little concerned regarding how GNet's include files are named and organized.

When installed, all include files (assuming version 2.0) are installed at $(prefix)/gnet-2.0. Apart from gnet.h, none of the include files use any sort of naming convention to disambiguate them from unrelated include files which may be in the compiler's include path (and thus could cause conflicts).

Would it not be wise to either take the approach Glib takes where all include files except the main one (glib.h) are included in a sub-directory (e.g. glib/gtypes.h) or at least prefix all the include files with gnet-* or something?

I appreciate that changing the organization of include files is going to break the API, but it would not be difficult to deprecate the current scheme and come up with a newer, safer scheme that can co-exist with the original for a while.

Any thoughts/comments?

Matt.