Re: [gnet-devel] Compiling Gnet

On Tue, 24 Jun 2008, Tim =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=FCller?= wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 10:24 -0700, n duarte wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > "checking for GTHREAD_CFLAGS...
> > checking for GTHREAD_LIBS...
> > configure: error: The impossible happened"
> >
> > What is worse is that I cannot seem to find what this error even
> > means. Hopefully the solution to the problem is something simple I
> > just have not had the luck to stumble upon as of yet.
>
> It means there's something weird going on with your installation.
> GThread comes as part of GLib, so if GLib is installed, GThread should
> also be there. Basically this should work:
>
>  pkg-config.exe --cflags --libs glib-2.0
>
> and
>
>  pkg-config.exe --cflags --libs gthread-2.0
>
> and there should be a glib-2.0.pc and gthread-2.0.pc file somewhere (in
> $prefix/lib/pkgconfig usually).
>
> I have no idea why you don't have that. (Maybe GLib has been built with
> the threads stuff disabled; I thought that wasn't possible any more
> though).

I don't know if this is going to help, but the two pkg-config commands above
work fine on my setup here. Having used the Windows GTK installer, the *.pc
files are stored in "C:\Program Files\GTK\lib\pkgconfig".

./configure. If you download the gnet-src-2.0-20030531.zip archive and use
that, there should be no need to use ./configure. In fact, I don't think
./configure will work in a DOS window anyway. Similarly, on my system I
couldn't use the 'make' command but had to use mingw32-make.exe instead. Just
to clarify: are you using a DOS shell or cygwin (or cross-compiling)?

If you're compiling using cygwin but want a dll for use by programs that are
cygwin-independent, then I believe you have to be a bit careful to avoid
problems. There's more info about this in the MinGW FAQ here:

http://www.mingw.org/mingwfaq.shtml#faq-usingwithcygwin

As I say, I'm not sure if this is of much help. I hope you have success in
getting things to work anyway! And if you'd be willing to describe the
process you're using to create the dll in more detail, then it's possible
that may shed more light on where the problem lies.

Regards,

David
--
Website: http://www.flypig.co.uk