Re: [gnet-devel] Using SSL or GNUTLS with libgnet

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 20:23 -0700, Brian Lavender wrote:

Hi,

> I am in the works of modifying the application OSSIM that uses
> libgnet in its server portion. It uses a blocking socket created with
> gnet_tcp_socket_server_new_with_port and creates its own thread for
> an accepted connection.  I don't see any support in gnet for SSL or
> GNUTLS. Has there been any work on this? Is there a way to create the
> SSL connection and cast it to a GTcpSocket?

This has come up a few times, and I think someone might even have
implemented this for some in-house project, but I'm not aware of any
public code to add this functionality, so you can't easily do SSL/TLS
with GNet currently.

If you don't want to write your own ssl layer, your best bet is probably
to port the code from GNet to libsoup-2.4 [1] or so.

Cheers
 -Tim

[1] http://library.gnome.org/devel/libsoup-2.4/stable/SoupSocket.html
looks promising