[gnet-devel] tcp socket reading segfault

Hi

I am using gnet for a tcp socket server. The problem is that on freeing the data from a read event of one of the connections I get random segfaults.

The segfault comes from freeing the event -> buffer, because when I comment the line it doesnt segfault at all. I am pretty sure I am not fucking up since I am sending the data as a "const gchar *" to another function to be processed. Apart from reading it the only thing I am doing it is copying parts of it to a GString, but since that copies the data into anohter part of the memory, it can not be the problem. To make the socket listen I am using gnet_conn_read ( conn );.

I tried gnet like a year ago and it did had the same problem. A guy in a chat (dont remember who) was helpful and told me that was a bug in gnet and I had to g_idle_add ( g_free, event -> buffer ). That worked then. I have tried it now, and it got better but at some point it segfaulted again.

I am using the package from Ubuntu 8.10

Is anyone experiencing this as well? Any posible solutions?

Thanks,
Hugo