[gnet-devel] GIOChannels

Hi all, I am having a problem with GIOChannels. I am trying to get a text string from a text box widget and send it to a GIOChannel to be read, parsed, and resent to another destination. However, I do not know how to initilaize a GIOChannel so that it accepts the input. I have code that gets the string and sends it to a GIOChannel that works. The text string is displayed properly, but the GIOCondition of G_IO_IN is never met for some reason, and the asynchronous callback function is never called. Anyone know how to fix this dilema?

~Nate