Re: [gnet-dev] Cross-compiling gnet for win32 from linux

Well, I now have cvs gnet compiling for windows, and my gtkmm app
compiling with this gnet.  Everything now basically works (yay!), but
I have a very strange bug.

My app runs a command-line server and some gui clients.  I'm using
gnet tcp sockets.  I'm building and running with gtkmm as installed by
the 2.8.3 installers.

On each client, I set up a watch like this:
      g_io_add_watch (io_channel,
            (GIOCondition)(G_IO_IN | G_IO_ERR | G_IO_HUP | G_IO_NVAL),
            &handle_event, data);

If I drag a client's window accross the screen while gnet is
communicating, hadle_event gets called with cond=0, and this client
gets disconnected from the server.  This doesn't happen in a linux
build, only in windows.  (My code is not doing anything
network-related on window movement, resizing, redrawing, etc)

I'm thinking this could have something to do with gnet events and
window movement events brawling in glib's main loop.  But I haven't
gone digging into glib at all yet. (Hoping not to...)

Does this sound familiar to anyone?  Any idea what I could be doing
wrong, or how I could fix/work around this?  Or if it might be a
gnet/glib bug?

Thanks!

Ben