[gnet-dev] Cross-compiling gnet for win32 from linux

Hello,

I'm trying to cross-compile cvs gnet on a linux box, for win32 using
mingw for linux.

I ran configure with --disable-pthreads and --prefix=/target, and then
manually edited src/Makefile and examples/Makefile to add -lws2_32.

I can then make; make install and end up with libgnet-2.0-0.dll,
libgnet-2.0.dll.a, and libgnet-2.0.la.

But when I try to run my own programs, or the gnet examples under
windows, using my libgnet-2.0-0.dll, no connections get made.  I have
the gtkmm-2.6.2 runtime libs installed, and gtkmm programs that I
cross-compile do work.  Interestingly, the gnet examples that I
cross-compile do work under wine using this libgnet-2.0-0.dll .  Just
not under real windows.  :(

I also tried adding -mms-bitfields and -mwindows into the makefiles,
but it didn't seem to help.

My libgnet-2.0-0.dll, libgnet-2.0.dll.a, and libgnet-2.0.la are
available here in case that helps:
   http://benjie.org/software/libgnet-2.0-0.dll
   http://benjie.org/software/libgnet-2.0.dll.a
   http://benjie.org/software/libgnet-2.0.la

Any ideas?  Or if you have known-working, recent, precompiled binaries
that you could send, that would be a welcome shortcut!

Thanks for any help you can give,

Ben