[gnet-dev] Re: GNetXmlRpc - Request for help on Win32

Hello,

After having finished the xmlrpc functionality under Linux and having
sent the message to the developer list, I yesterday tried to get the
code working under Win32 without any luck. The code has been tested
with the following versions under Linux and it works just fine:

1. glib-2.6.*, gnet-2.0.7
2. glib-2.8.*, gnet-2.0.7

But under Win32 I had the following bad experience:

1. glib-2.8.*, gnet-2.0.7

The server was working and I could send an xmlrpc message from a
different client and network computer. But I couldn't get the client
to work the g_main_loop() was never called when there was info to
write on the socket.

2. glib-2.6.*, gnet-2.0.7

Since I have seen that there are some issues with glib-2.8.* under
Win32 (e.g. gaim isn't working) I downgraded my version to glib-2.6.*
. The result was, that not only did my server stopped working, but
also the echoserver-gserver.c example in the gnet distribution stopped
working.

And that's where I stopped. Thus I am now in a state where I don't
know whether the problem is within glib, gnet, or in my code?

I would be very happy if some Win32/glib/gnet expert could have a look
at this issue, and advice me what needs to be fixed.

Thanks a lot!
Dov