Re: [gnet] build problem with 'ss_family'

On Fri, 2005-04-15 at 20:40 +0100, Tim Müller wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 April 2005 23:53, Mark Drago wrote:
>
> > > This should be fixed in GNet CVS now (based on Jeremy Denise's patch),
> > > would be great if you could give it a spin and check whether it really
> > > works now (including 'make check').
> >
> > Well, I'm having a little bit of trouble getting the CVS version built
> > on the machine in question due to our versions of auto* being on very
> > old crack.  But if I check gnet out of CVS on a modern distribution, run
> > './autogen.sh', run 'make dist' and bring the resulting tar.gz over to
> > the older machine, the build fails with the same error:
> >
> > gnet-private.c: In function `gnet_private_create_listen_socket':
> > gnet-private.c:46: structure has no member named `ss_family'
> > gnet-private.c:48: structure has no member named `ss_family'
> >
> > Depending on when you committed this, I suppose it could be possible
> > that it just isn't on the anonymous mirror yet.
>
> I don't think anoncvs lags behind developer cvs for gnome.org, but I'm not
> sure. If in doubt check the ChangeLog.

This actually seems to be what the problem was.  I checked the Changelog
before running 'cvs update' and it didn't seem to say anything about
fixing this issue.  When I updated there were updates for Changelog,
configure.ac, etc. and the Changelog described the fix.  It compiled
fine and passed 'make check'.

> ../configure should be printing something like this:
>
> checking for struct sockaddr_storage... yes
> checking for struct sockaddr_storage family field... ss_family
>
> On your system, the result should be __ss_family of course.

It does.

> If the check runs, but detects the wrong thing, could you post the relevant
> snippets from config.log (grep for 'checking for struct sockaddr_storage')?
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim

Thanks for all of your help,
Mark Drago