Re: [gnet] Re: GIOChannels, GNet, GOIO

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 10:55 +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> "James M. Cape" <jcape ignore-your tv> writes:

> >> Do you have the code lying somewhere?
> >
> > It's at http://esco.mine.nu/downloads/gio-0.0.0.tar.gz
> > currently, though I can put it on cvs.gnome.org when the differences get
> > hashed out.
> >
> I'll set up an project on GNA!, so we can start merging our stuff (and
> get a mailing list, etc.). We should however decide wether the whole
> thing should be called GIO or GOIO before that, so I can chose an
> appropriate project name.

Obviously, I'm in favor of Gio, because:

1.) It *is* that obvious what it does :-)
2.) No other package or project uses a "go" prefix because it uses
GObject (gtk+, pango, libgnome, etc.)
3.) If/when this eventually does get moved into GLib (which would be the
end result if it deprecates GIOChannel), I'm pretty sure it'll be as
GIoStream, not GObjectIoStream.

--
Peace,

    Jim Cape
    http://ignore-your.tv

    "We still name our military helicopter gunships after victims
     of genocide. Nobody bats an eyelash about that: Blackhawk.
     Apache. And Comanche. If the Luftwaffe named its military
     helicopters Jew and Gypsy, I suppose people would notice."
       -- Noam Chomsky, "Propaganda and the Public Mind"