Re: [gnet-dev] Request for Comments: GConnHttp

On Friday 23 April 2004 03:32, David A. Helder wrote:

> I've taken a quick look at this.  Overall, I like the API.  I'll take a
> deeper look at the code this weekend.

Great, thanks.

> It'd be nice to have a gnet_http_get(url) function that just returned a
> buffer of data.  Though that looks very easy to write with this library.

That should be less than 10 lines of code.

> > * The namespace is a bit awkward, but still better than creating
> >    confusion by clashing with the (abandoned?) ghttp library namespace.
>
> Maybe it should be gnet_http_conn_*()?

Don't know. Maybe gnet_http_*() isn't that bad after all (and shorter). I
don't really have any strong preferences in either direction.

> >    * checking for HTTP/1.1 standard compliance (or even 1.0 really)
>
> 1.0 is necessary, but these aren't difficult protocols.

sure. I was trying to get some feedback on the API first to see if I'm on the
right track.

Of course there is an alternative: we could some interface for GURI and
register implementations for different schemes/protocols with GURI, and then
have g_uri_fetch() functions or something. I think this would be a lot harder
to get right and make it easy to use at the same time though.

Cheers
-Tim