Re: [gnet-dev] 1.1.9: misplaced gnetconfig.h

On Saturday 17 May 2003 20:00, David Helder wrote:
> That's correct - gnetconfig.h should go into lib/gnet/include.
> gnet-config/pkg-config will handle this properly.  glib does the same
> thing.

With all respect I have to disagree.

On a practital grounds, when I tried to compile a program
against gnet, it's configure script failed to find gnetconfig.h
until I moved in into correct (IMHO) include/ directory.

On a theoretical grounds, I see a lot of sense in clean separation
between files of distinctly separate types. lib/ directories
are meant to contain C/C++ libraries only. *.h files go
to include/. I fight with lib/ pollution on my machine
and must say it works - most packages either do a right thing
from the start (even large ones like KDE) or can be 'persuaded'
into it ;)

Of course if there is some deep reason why gnetconfig.h
should go into lib/, feel free to enlighten me.
--
vda