Re: [gnet] What is the difference between gnet v1 and gnet v2

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 13:53, Chris wrote:
> Regarding the first question, when trying to compile using the lesser
> version, I realized the changes quite suddenly (missing base64,
> gnet_tcp_socket_get_io_channel, ..) so that answers that question.

I recommend gnet2 for new development (and also use GLib2, not 1).  Yes,
base64 is added.  The conn/server and UDP APIs changed significantly.
There are some other minor API tweaks too.

> I'd still like to know if there are plans to implement an easy means
> to specify an ip to bind() to.

I'd take a patch against 2.0.  This is the second request for this in
the last week.  No one has asked for it before.

David

--
David Helder - dhelder gizmolabs org - http://www.gizmolabs.org/~dhelder