[gnet] What is the difference between gnet v1 and gnet v2

Is there any difference in functions/args between gnet v1 and v2?

I'd like to use the FreeBSD ports version of v1, but I'm unsure if this will suit me as I've been using v2 during development.   I'll be experimenting myself, just looking for a concrete answer to this as I don't see it posted anywhere.

On another note, will we be seeing an option to bind to a particular IP for outbound TCP/UDP/etc connections?  I've examined the source myself and it could be hacked in quite easily, but I'd rather see this in the mainstream tree so I don't have to keep hacking it in every time I upgrade, which would be even more of a chore if I do choose to go with the ports version.

Thanks,

Chris