Re: [gnet-dev] Letting gnet-1.1.8 and gnet-2.0.1RPM packages coexist

On Thursday 24 April 2003 17:45, David Helder wrote:

Hi David,

> Bas,
>
> Yes, please send me a gnet2.spec.  I'll make a new release Monday.

See the attached patch. It also contains some updates to make the version
2.0.2 already (for me to test). Patch is clean. In the Changelog, there was a
strange symbol in someones name. gedit had solved it silently and it is in
the patch now.

> Yes, this was fixed in the 1.1 CVS branch, but there wasn't any demand for
> a new release.  If you need a 1.1.9 with that fix, I can do that too.
> Hmm, looks like I fixed a leak too, so I think I will make a release
> anyway.

OK. Some remarks:

The spec file for 1.1.8 doesn't contain the gnet.pc file. Furthermore, the man
page is not included in the package and (for RH systems) installed in the
wrong location by default.

Please make sure that the files are owned by root.root before packing (they
weren't in the 1.1.8 tarball).

I'm looking forward for the 1.1.9 and 2.0.2 packages!

Regards,

Bas.