Re: [gnet-dev] Letting gnet-1.1.8 and gnet-2.0.1RPM packages coexist

Bas,

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003 bas mevissen hetnet nl wrote:

> I think that gnet should do more or less the same as for example gtk:
> using gtk-1.xx and gtk2-2.xx packages that have a different base name
> (gtk and gtk2) and make sure that the files don't overlap. Maybe it is a
> good idea to call the tarballs also gnet2-2.xxx.

Yes, I agree.

> If you agree that gnet-1.1.8 and gnet(2)-2.0.1 packages should be able
> to coexist, I'll be happy to provide a proper spec file for gnet2.

Yes, please send me a gnet2.spec.  I'll make a new release Monday.

> Another question: I've seen some warnings building gnet-1.1.8 when
> building on Red Hat 8.0 and 9. In fact, when configured with
> --enable-debug, the compilation fails. Is this known?

Yes, this was fixed in the 1.1 CVS branch, but there wasn't any demand for
a new release.  If you need a 1.1.9 with that fix, I can do that too.
Hmm, looks like I fixed a leak too, so I think I will make a release
anyway.

David

--
David Helder - dhelder umich edu - <http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dhelder>