[gnet] GNet 1.1.0

I will release a GNet 1.1.0 in a few days.  Hopefully, there will be a
Windows version available at the same, but this depends on Andy's schedule
and it may take another week or two.  Below is the NEWS entry.

If you have a publicly-available app that uses GNet, email me and I will
add a link to the README.  (Current app list below.  Web site list is a
bit out of date.)

COMMENTS ON EXPERIMENAL: (FROM README)
The URL, Server, and Conn modules are experimental and part of the
IOChannel module is also experimental.  The GNet development team
believes these modules are useful and usable, but are not yet
completely confident in them.  The API to these modules may change and
there may still be bugs in them.  For example, the URL module is
incomplete and the new IOChannel functions should be audited again.
If you are feeling adventurous and want to use these functions, define
GNET_EXPERIMENTAL.  Otherwise, your compiler should warn or fail if
they are used.  We welcome bug fixes, improvements, and comments on
the experimental modules.  Our hope is that adventurous programmers
will use these modules and help in their further development.

David

1.1.0 [UNRELEASED]
-----

* UDP supports broadcast
* TCP/UDP supports multiple interfaces
* Various new internet address helper functions
    (e.g. autodetect_internet_interface, list_interfaces)
* New SHA and MD5 hash modules
* New Perl/Python-style pack/unpack module
* New experimental URL, "Server", and "Conn" modules
* Full Windows port [ANDY DETAILS?]
* Bug fixes in gnet_io_channel_readn, gnet_io_channel_readline_strdup,
    thread-safe DNS lookup

Applications that use GNet
==========================

Jungle Monkey
  distributed file sharing program
  http://www.junglemonkey.net

Gabber
  messaging/chat program
  http://gabber.sourceforge.net

Ximian Gnome Installer and Red Carpet
  software package management
  http://www.ximian.com

Quest/Epos
  network game and chat
  http://quest.sourceforge.net

gPoker
  network poker game
  http://gpoker.sourceforge.net

PreViking
  telephony middleware
  http://www.bellworldwide.net/previking/

--
      __          _    __ David Helder - dhelder umich edu
  ___/ /__ __  __(_)__/ / <http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~dhelder>