[gnet] Help with autoconf & gnet : again

G'd day:

first of all, merry christmas, happy new year and good hacking!!!

Ok, let's go with my problem (again, yes, sorry... I've been very busy
with my real job and until now, I have not been able to test your
previous answer... sorry):

I can't make a clean ./configure, I always get this error:

./configure: line 4418: syntax error near unexpected token
`AM_PATH_GNET(1.0.4,'

./configure: line 4418: `AM_PATH_GNET(1.0.4,'

It's a bit odd that the only "extraneous" line of code in ./configure is
this:

AM_PATH_GNET(1.0.4,
 LIBS="$LIBS $GNET_LIBS" CFLAGS="$CFLAGS $GNET_CFLAGS",
 { echo "configure: error: Cannot find GNet: Is gnet-config in path?"
1>&2; exit 1; })

I'm a complete newbie with autoconf and config internals, but IMHO, this
is not a normal command of a bash script. It seems that it's a macro
that autoconf have not expanded from configure.in.

Perhaps, these lines will help with the right answer:

[chessy bisho goats-0.5]$ pwd
/home/chessy/appz/goats-0.5

[chessy bisho goats-0.5]$ find . -name "gnet.m4"
./macros/gnet.m4
./gnet.m4

[chessy bisho goats-0.5]$ locate gnet.m4
/usr/share/aclocal/gnet.m4
/home/chessy/appz/goats-0.5/macros/gnet.m4
/home/chessy/gnet/gnet-1.1.0/gnet.m4
/home/chessy/gnet/gnet-1.0.4/gnet.m4

I'm using gnet-1.0.4 in my project.

Any clue? Thank you very much in advance. It's a pitty to code an
application that must be compiled the manual way "gcc -lgnet ..."  :(

Greetings:

  Chessy