Re: [gmime-devel] GMime 3.0.0 released

Hi Peter,

On 6/22/17, 2:47 PM, "Peter Bloomfield" <peterbloomfield bellsouth net> wrote:

    Hi Jeff,

    On 06/22/2017 01:02:10 PM Thu, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
    > Hi Peter,
    >
    > Thanks for this bug report! Looks like you’re right about the cause of the problem.
    >
    > What the code *should* be doing is removing the “Content-Transfer-Encoding” header (if it exists)
instead of trying to set the value to NULL.

    > I’ve just fixed the code in git master – I can try to make a new release this weekend if needed (or I
can wait if you think you might have a few more of these type cases).

    Thanks for the quick fix! I'm using GMime from git, so I can test it already. A message with one part
that has no “Content-Transfer-Encoding” header now displays with no warnings--I think that was the one that
caused the problem.

    I'll continue testing from git, so the timing of a new release is entirely up to you. The warning isn't
fatal, so there doesn't seem to be any urgency

Okay. When you are about ready to push a release of Balsa let me know, and I’ll push out a new version of
GMime so that there’s no warnings for your users (