Re: [gmime-devel] g_mime_parser_construct_message() segfaults (GMime 3.0.1)

On Mon, 31 Jul 2017, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

The problem is that you need to call g_mime_init() before you start
using the library.
Let me know if that doesn’t fix it for you.

Oh crap... of course it does fix it. I'm feeling so stupid, especially since the very same mistake already happened to me with the previous program no more than 2 days earlier and I had found and fixed it in 30 seconds...

  Well, thanks for your eyesight and sorry for the inconvenience :-/

But wouldn't it be possible to fail more gracefully (even better, when the first GMime function is called), rather than segfault on a
random later function call?
Or you assume that the user has a few working braincells, as you do now. It makes sense too :-)

Goodbye,
  Stéphane.

[And I first replied in private instead of replying to the list. Sorry again, I definitely need some rest.]