Re: [gmime-devel] Build troubles on Illumos - related to iconv?

Jeff, tks for getting back. I'd like to get to the bottom of this, this go-around... Am putting in a good
'college try'; have been digging through email archives - such as Bugzilla - from 10 yrs ago! Is this some
vestigial Solaris thing?

Have just rebuilt iconv-1.14 (solidifying the chain)...

configure, gmime-2.6.19:

checking for iconv... yes
checking for working iconv... no
checking for iconv declaration...
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t
*outbytesleft);
checking preferred charset formats for system iconv... no
not found
        *** The iconv-detect program was unable to determine the
        *** preferred charset formats recognized by your system
        *** iconv library. It is suggested that you install a
        *** working iconv library such as the one found at
        *** ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv
        ***
        *** Default charset formats will be used.

What does the generated iconv-detect.h look like?  -- Can't find any!

Yes, #define ICONV_CONST is defined in config.h

make output:  ------------
libtool: compile:  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../gmime -I.. -I../.. -I../../util "-DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"gmime\""
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_REENTRANT -D_PTHREADS -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include
-I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -MT internet-address.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/internet-address.Tpo -c ../../gmime/internet-address.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/internet-address.o
  CCLD   libgmime-2.6.la
  CC     gen-table.o
  CCLD   gen-table
  CC     charset-map.o
  CCLD   charset-map
libiconv_close                      charset-map.o
libiconv_open                       charset-map.o
libiconv                            charset-map.o
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to charset-map

Lou Picciano