[gmime-devel] "From" detection in FilterBest

Hi all,

I've been looking at the source of FilterBest, and I note that one of the things it checks for is if any line begins with "From ". If so, it will select (at least) the quoted-printable encoding.

I assume this is there to avoid confusing mbox files with lines that begin "From ". But the quoted-printable encoding doesn't seem to alter this at all; that line will still begin "From ". So this seems a bit pointless.

Am I missing something here? Should the quoted-printable encoder be doing something to protect this line? Or should this test just be removed?

Thanks,
Robert