Re: [gmime-devel] GObject unref hell

On 19/12/13 14:28, Paul J Stevens wrote:
On 06-11-13 10:21, Mario Theodoridis wrote:

2. Is there a way to safely unref a GObject, i.e. unref it if it needs
to be? This is mainly because it is not always clear to me when and when
not due to issues like the current.

Bit late to the game here, but what helped me a *lot* was tracking
references using an external tool:

http://git.dbmail.eu/paul/gobject-list/

which I forked from

http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/cassidy/gobject-list.git/

saved my day. A bit like valgrind for object references.
Thanks Paul,

that helps right now because things leak like a sieve and according to refdbg PRE_FINALIZE is called but never FINALIZE.
Valgrind always came back clean.

--
Mit Freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Mario Theodoridis

regify®
your mail matters

regify S.A. | 2b, Ennert dem Bierg | L-5244 Sandweiler / Luxembourg

phone: +352 268 9321 | internet: www.regify.com
executive board: Kurt Kammerer, Volker Schmid
supervisory board chairman: Dr. Hans-Peter Kohlhammer
commercial register: Registre de Commerce et des Sociétés B 156705

regify GmbH | Römerstrasse 39 | D-78183 Hüfingen / Germany

Telefon: +49 771 8978 4238 | Internet: www.regify.com
Geschäftsführung: Kurt Kammerer, Volker Schmid
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Freiburg HRB 709343