Re: [gmime-devel] Help appreciated adding attachments to outgoing mails

On Sun Aug 11, 2013 at 13:40:18 -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

Are you by any chance writing the message into the same filename as
you parsed the simple message from?

  Exactly.  I spent the past hour generating a self-contained test-
 case which :

     * Output a minimal message to "test.msg"
     * Parsed it.
     * Added an attachment.
     * Write it back out.

  Once I did that I saw the corruption, and it crossed my mind that
 I might be breaking it by re-using the same file.

  Changing things to writing to a new destination, the copying over
 the input made everything work correctly.

  Things might change in the future, but I'm now happy and have
 transitioned 100% to using GMime.

Steve