Re: [gmime-devel] messages with "> From" headers

  Hey, that's called a Postmark. Usually mail transports, such as Exim, use it as indication of who actually sends this message.
  It is not a part of any RFC so Gmime's behaviour is correct (Invalid header).
  You must be able to configure mail transport this ways so it will not send Postmark to the end client.

 We are using 2.4.24 and observe same behaviour, so that's not a recent change i guess.

Hi,

It seems that recent gmime (2.6.12 maybe?) has gotten a bit pickier
regarding header parsing in g_mime_parser_construct_message; messages
that contain a pseudo-header starting with

> From

(For example: see https://github.com/djcb/mu/issues/189)

make g_mime_parser_construct_message return NULL. I'm not sure what
causes such headers, but I think some tools generate those.

Would it be possible to simply ignore such headers?

Best wishes,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:djcb djcbsoftware nl           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl