Re: [gmime-devel] Memory leaks while compiling a test gmime c code

On 11/22/2012 03:16 PM, Ashay Chitnis wrote:
> Since I would be running a modified on gmime lib as a daemon thus I
> didn't want accumulated non-freed memory usage over a time.

I very much sympathize. Using gmime extensively in DBMail - which is a
long-running threaded imap server, relying on process exits for
releasing possible leakage - or worse; fragmentation - is not an option.

For all it's glorious features - which I love - GMime/GLib has been a
pain in this regard.

One main problem has always been the object reference counter magic that
- at least to me - is totally opaque. Quite often it is completely
unclear when a call increases the reference counter.

For that I've adopted a nice monkey patch on the glib object system that
will report reference leaks.

Upstream is at:

http://cgit.collabora.com/git/user/danni/gobject-list.git/

but I've added a few small enhancements to be found at

http://git.dbmail.eu/paul/gobject-list/

Maybe this will help someone.

Paul J Stevens        pjstevns @ gmail, twitter, skype, linkedin

  * Premium Hosting Services and Web Application Consultancy *

           www.nfg.nl/info nfg nl/+31.85.877.99.97