[gmime-devel] Status Update

Been quiet on this list for a while now, largely because I've been busy
working on another project... but I have made some updates to the code
recently and I also made a 2.4.4 release the other day.

For those who are interested, the 2.4.4 release contains a portability
fix for older MacOSX versions that do not have poll() but do have a
working select() implementation. Also included in the release is a
number of internal changes make more use of GLib's GSlice allocator
which should improve performance and possibly memory consumption a hair.
Nothing major afaict, though.

In other news, the new Debian GMime maintainer poked me the other day
and pointed out that 2.4.4 and earlier versions defaulted to
--enable-largefile=no, so I've updated that to default to "yes" instead.
This doesn't change anything API/ABI-wise (it's one of the main reasons
that the 2.4.x branch was done, in fact), but it's still useful to know ;-)

He also pointed out that past releases of GMime 2.4.x were missing the
gmime-port-2.2-to-2.4.sh script that the documentation refers to, so
this has been fixed in SVN and will be a part of the next release, 2.4.5
(whenever I make that).

I also started working on a new stream to wrap GLib's new GIO API that
someone asked me to implement a while ago (I had stubbed it out months
ago and had forgotten about it until last night). In so doing, I noticed
that a few error conditions in GMime's current stream implementations
weren't properly setting errno before returning -1 (fail). I've now
fixed this in SVN, but my guess is not many people have run into this
since I haven't yet heard any complaints? Most of the conditions were
related to trying to operate on a GMimeStream that had already been
closed or trying to seek to an invalid position.

Well, that's my status update for the last few months.

Enjoy your weekends!