Re: [gmime-devel] Mapping MIME parts to byte offsets

Hey,

Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
Instead of storing header offsets on the GMimeHeaderList, we now store a
substream of the input stream that was fed to the parser (which has the
offsets).

So instead of values being stored, we grab the substream, reset it to find the start and then ask it for the length?

Seems fine to me; actually having a handy GMimeStream into each block of interest is theoretically quite useful - and if the headers aren't duplicated I would be expecting some kind of memory saving (and possibly speed) too.

Sounds a great solution to me!

Cheers,

Alex.