Re: [gmime-devel] ready to release 2.4.0, any last minute comments?

Hi Jeff,

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:

> I think I'm now ready to release GMime 2.4.0 as I'm pretty happy with
> it.
>
> I'll probably be rolling the tarball this weekend if there aren't any
> objections, last minute requirements, suggestions, etc.
>
> If anyone needs a little more time to review, just let me know - I'm not
> in any rush ;)

Ah - nice! Also nice to see the recursive g_mime_multipart_foreach :-)

Couple of small things (based on SVN HEAD).

* some compiler warnings on amd64/gcc4.3; seems rather harmless,
  shouldn't stop the release I suppose.

* on my ubuntu/intrepid, the autogen.sh only works after:

	case $libtool_version in
-	    1.4*|1.5*)
+	    1.4*|1.5*|2.2*)

* it seems gmime does not like the header encodings that Gmail produces
  for 8859-1 special characters; ie. things like:

     From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Nordl=F6w_ <per nordlow example com>

  I guess g_mime_message_get_sender should turn that into UTF8 or
  something? Instead I get:
  	     "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Nordl=F6w_" <per nordlow example com>

  this happens even when compiling with -enable-rfc2047-workarounds

* finally, i noticed that test-parser gives some GLib warnings due to
  g_object_unref on some none-GObjects.

Best wishes,
Dirk.

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <djcb djcbsoftware nl>
blog: http://www.djcbsoftware.nl/ChangeLog (NL)
      http://djcbflux.blogspot.com (EN)
chat: djcb jabber org