Re: [gmime-devel] Status update on InternetAddress* changes

Hi Jeff:

Thanks for the heads-up about the list!

you wrote:
[ snip ]
At this point I'm considering removing the g_mime_message_add_recipients_from_string() API because it is very unlikely to be used very often (as the developer would need a list of recipients in encoded string form) and can now be easily implemented using the InternetAddressList APIs anyway, if a developer ever finds a need for this.

Snap response: in Balsa, g_mime_message_add_recipients_from_string /always/ occurs in a internet_address_list_to_string/add_recip/g_free sequence, so we can happily live without it!

As for const return for objects: I've adapted to the inconsistency of Gtk, so now I always (well, mostly :) ) check the documentation (which sometimes is only the code :( ) to find out when I'm getting a reffed object and when only a (non-const) pointer to a private object. But perhaps matching Gtk practices is setting the bar too low!

Best,

Peter