Re: making a release of java-libglom

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 8:36 PM, Murray Cumming <murrayc openismus com> wrote:
On Thu, 2011-07-07 at 20:26 +0200, Ben Konrath wrote:
Hi Murray,

I just finished re-working the java-libglom build and I think it's
ready for a release. The Java and C++ sources are now only generated
when --enable-maintainer-mode is used as a configure flag. As we
previously discussed, the 'enable-maintainer-mode' flag has been added
to autogen.sh so that the sources are generated using Swig when
building from the git repository. Since the build now puts the
generated sources in the tarball, the 'enable-maintainer-mode' flag is
not enabled by default when building using the 'configure' script from
the tarball.

I think the only things left to do are: bump the version number to
1.18.0,

1.17.x would make more sense. Even numbers suggest stability.

I was hoping to indicate which version of libglom is being wrapped by
the version number in the java-libglom release. But I think you have a
point about the release not being 100% ready. I wouldn't call the
current state of java-libglom unstable, but the chances of having all
of the wrinkles ironed out the first time I roll out the tarball are
pretty low. I'll use 1.17.x, thanks.

add a note about the version scheme we're using, tag the
repository and upload the tarball to gnome.org. Before I do this,
could you look things over to see if everything looks ok? Even if you
just confirm that 'make distcheck' works for you, that would be a big
help.

I will try it tomorrow at the office. I think you should just go ahead.

I haven't tried it before on my laptop (Fedora 15):

Maybe the README should mention the need to install whatever would solve
this problem, if it's not very common:

configure: error: Required class org.hamcrest.CoreMatchers missing,
exiting.

I do seem to have the hamcrest stuff in /usr/share/hamcrest

I just need to fix this issue properly. Right now I'm just guessing
what the junit jar are called when I should be using the
ax_check_junit.m4 macro from the autoconf archive. I'll fix that
tomorrow and make the release.

Thanks, Ben