Re: Online Glom status: 15 - 19 Aug 2011

Hi Donald,

You are correct that Online Glom is written using GWT which means
we're using Java. Is there a specific reason why you think Ext GWT is
better than GWT?

I'm working towards making a read-only version of the Glom interface
using GWT.  Even if we chose to use Ext GWT from the start, I'd still
need to make a custom widget for the Details View. I don't know much
about Ext GWT but I know that we get a lot for using the GWT CellTable
widget in the List View.

I'm definitely open to contributions on this project but, for now, I
would like to stick with GWT. You can find a good overview of the
available widgets here:

http://gwt.google.com/samples/Showcase/Showcase.html

I can suggest a couple of tasks to improve the UI if you're interested
in helping out.

Thanks, Ben