Re: root user restriction?

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 09:41 +0100, Goran Bekic wrote:
Hi,
I'm wandering why does Glom insist on NOT using the root/administrator
account?

It's because we use PostgreSQL, which, because it is a network service,
wisely does not allow itself to be run with full admin access.

Is there a work around - I am willing to risk the "security" issues

But we can't encourage people to take those risks. Nobody would thank us
for allowing them to do so when something bad actually happens.

 (which would be what exactly?)
Im trying to use it on  a WinXP SP3 pro, on an account that has
administrative privileges.

Then you should just create an account that does not have full admin
privileges. It's been a while since I used Windows every day, but I'm
quite sure that it's not wise to use an admin account regularly for
non-admin work.