Re: Calculate age

(You sent this to the mailing list admin address, not the mailing list itself.
I'm replying to the mailing list.)

On Sun, 2010-04-11 at 20:16 +0200, Manuel Rodríguez Núñez wrote:
First, sorry for my English.
I'm trying glom and I not know the python language, I have a calculated
field for age.
How I can calculate the age based on a field with the date of birth?
In Filemaker simply subtract the birth date to the current date.
Thanks

I assume that you want the age in years. I don't actually think it's as
simple as you say in FileMaker, but I'd like to see an example, please.

It doesn't seem easy in Python either. This should work, but probably
doesn't in your current Glom version. I'm currently checking that this
works in Glom 1.14:
  from dateutil.relativedelta import relativedelta
  import datetime
  rd = relativedelta(datetime.date.today(), record["date_of_birth"])
  return rd.year;

I am tempted to provide an easier way to do this, such as
  return glom_utils.calculate_age(record["date_of_birth"]);